Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Don't Walk This Way

I should've known it was all going too well,10 days out from my outdoor season opener and i now have a groin strain.......fuckin' fantastic!!!!!!!!
Right from the getgo on my easy 8 miler I felt some discomfort in my left groin,I tried to ignore it at first in the hope I could run it off,at 50 let's face it everyhing hurts! I wrestle daily w/ tendonitis in my right achilles and just recently my right knee has been giving me jip so when the left groin was feeling off I didn't give it too much creedence,however at 4 and 3/4 miles into my run I pulled up grimacing,there was only so much gritting my teeth I could.
I hoped I could walk it off but w/in a 1/4 mile when I tried to get going again the jig was very much up and ended up having to walk the last three miles home......insert the time honoured "could've been worse,could've been raining" quote at your peril!!!!!

It wasn't a fun walk home period but being passed by runners in both direction as I cut a forlorn figure making my way south along the Schuylkill Banks,I HATE being injured it flat out sucks but after working my arse off for the past 6 weeks for this to happen now 10 days b4 my first race of the outdoor season just adds insult to considerable injury.
There's not much I can do w/ a groin injury in terms of healing it outside of rest and ice.....bad enough I froze my nuts off this winter now I have to apply an ice pack to my groin.....gee thanks a fuckin' bunch!!!!
Needless to say I didn't get my bag ready for Roxborough and repeats this afternoon,nor will I be out on the out and back 8 mile route this week,fingers crossed a few days rest and icing and maybe I can tackle some repeats on the weekend but that will depend on how the groin feels..........

2 comments:

Samurai Running said...

Great to be reading your blog again Kevin and very happy to have made contact on Facebook. I totally agree that being injured it is the worst but knowing others battle with it does help. You know I was this close to throwing in the towel recently, just sick of running and doing it hurting.

It has come down to this. What am I going to do if I don't run everyday, until I find something at least as good I'll keep hammering away, just hope I can do it when it's not raining. ;)

kevin f forde said...

Thanks Scott,I guess being injured comes w/ the terrortory when running,as the great Linford Christie once said" as an athlete you're always injured" and it's true.
I think we all think of jacking it in at some point when we're injured but like you said what else are we going to do???.
Keep The Faith