Friday, May 16, 2014

Keep The Faith

It wasn't lost on me as I made my way out the door at 1.20pm yesterday afternoon for my easy 8 mile run that had it not been for my recent groin injury I'd have been boarding the 1.30pm Bolt Bus for New York City for my season opening outdoor race over 800m.
While there was little I could do re the injury there will be other races.....providing I can keep the recent groin strain/pull at bay since adding the stretches to my recovery the groin has felt better the difference between how it felt on Tuesdays 6 miler and todays 8 miler was noticable but I'm along way from feeling 100% mentally w/ it,the true litmus test will be getting on the track on Saturday for repeats,providing I can execute that then I'll feel I'm good to go.

While it was a bummer to lose out on the season opener there will be other races,I've tentativly set May 29th now as my season opener over 1,500m at Icahn Stadium,it will mean potentially running 6 races in 7 weeks in my countdown to Nationals but I can live w/ that,on the subject of Nationals yesterday marked single digits now till Wake Forest......time has been ticking for a while but now that we're into single digits the realization that it's "Game Time" is alot more pronounced.

As for my run it felt odd to be running at lunch time on a weekday,there were less runners out on the Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Dr than at 4.20pm but it suited me,less temptation to test myself against other runners,I'm still easing myself back into things,if the unthinkable happens and I reinjure myself I may well have put myself out of the running for Nationals which is the last thing I need.
Like Wednesday I felt I was running slow but I ended up w/ a faster time than when I last time I timed an 8 miler,back in late March I was averaging 1.24 for an 8 miler yesterday I clocked 1.20  so maybe this feeling I'm running slower is just in my head and not my legs afterall??
A day off on Friday but not from the stretches as they seem to be working,fingers crossed come Saturday I can handle a set of 4x1 mile repeats,now is NOT to lose my faith or my bottle.

No comments: