Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Fuck W/ The Bull,Get The Horns.......

While Paul Gleason plays a complete tool as Mr Vernon in the all time classic movie "The Breakfast Club" he does utter one of the all time great movie lines to Judd Nelson aka John Bender "mess w/ the bull,get the horns" it's a sentiment I've carried w/ me for years but of course as a Born Again Black Hearted Pagan  I tend to kick it up a notch or two.......

Having been sidlined for a week w/ this groin injury has done little for  sunny disposition and add to it two days of having to run the dock single handed while my co worker took off just added fuel to the fire so the last thing the situation needed was a naked flame in the mix.......
I'll spare you the gory details but basically my final good nerve got worked to death by a delivery driver who if I'm being honest is about as welcome as a raging case of exploding diarrhea and w/ that the fuse was lit.....and he got not only both barrels but in some probability a weeks worth of non running frustration right between the eyes........CLEARLY it was time for a run!!!!!

Pagan bollockings aside I had planned to run anyway,the hope was  a week off from  running coupled w/ twice daily icing of the left groin and now a bunch of stretches b4 and after the run would have me back training.
I opted for an easy 6 miler to ease my way back into the swing of things,following last Mondays DNF over 8 miles the aim was to run pain free and also finish the run.....I managed both.
I felt I was short changing myself at only 6 miles but the plan is to have another 6 miler on Wednesday and if that goes to plan then up it to 8 miles on Thursday,the injury has forced me not to look/plan too far ahead.
It felt good to back in my "natural enviroment" running along the Schuylkill Banks and hopefully this recent setback in my plans for Wake Forest and Outdoor Nationals is just a hiccup.....I'm sure anyone w/ the misfortune to deliver to the dock will hope so also as a sign reading "Beware Of The Horns"may need to be posted at the dock doorway.......

No comments: