Tuesday, May 20, 2014

Six Of One,Half A Dozen Of Another

Nice easy 6 miler to kick off the week,as I eluded to yesterday the Sunday long run is going to be 14 miles untill late June when I begin my taper for Nationals but upon returning from Wake Forest I'll resume the 14 miler so to accomodate that one of my weekday 8 milers needs to drop to 6 miles,I figured w/ repeats on tap for Tuesday then Monday was the ideal day for that.....of course I may be singing from a different hymn sheet on Wednesday when I have to do an 8 miler post 6x600m repeats but we'll cross,burn,jump,paint that bridge come Wednesday!!!

70 degrees but cloudy when I set off at 4.45pm not quite shorts,shades and sleeveless weather but to quote Meatloaf "Two Out Of Three Aint Bad" as I ditched the shades.
Franklin Field was still a little congested after this mornings Graduation ceremony,congrats to the Seniors and class of 2014 I hope your four year Ivy League education has prepared you for life in the real world.
As for the groin injury,touchwood I'm ok I'm still icing it and doing two sets of stretches b4 and after a workout/run,I feel a lot less tentative when I run now but I still need to exercise a little caution,Nationals are 8 weeks away and another injury could be an industrial size spanner in the works.

Another 62 min time,proof that last week wasn't a one off I need to take full advantage of this week w/ two scheduled repeat sessions on tap as next week begins a series of 6 races over 7 weeks and thus only one repeat per week,time to make them all count now.

No comments: