Saturday, July 26, 2014

Time Stands Still For No Man

Since I'm playing catch up w/ ye olde blog since my return from Nationals on Monday here are the cliffnotes on my week thus far:                                  Tuesday   easy 6 miler to get back into the swing of things,what w/ my pre Nationals taper it had been a few weeks since my last 6 miler,July 5th to be exact but like the proverbial duck to water I found no issues w/ returning to the day to day training even though I had originally planned to go to NYC for the final Tuesday Nite Speed Series, I opted to stay closer to home,being 100% honest I didn't expect to be as tired both physically or emotionally on Monday when flying back to Philly and while I don't doubt the competitor in me could have risen to the challenge of another 1,500m race there were "day to day"issues on my doorstep that required my attention plus by opting for a 6 miler I could potentially have a5 day/40 mile week under my belt right off the bat.........hashtag.it's NEVER to soon to begin my prep for 5th Avenue Mile. Wednesday an 8 miler,my first since June 29th add that tomy first dayback at work in a week and the 91 degree heat it was quite the challenge but I didn't become National Champion by shirking challenges so it was have at it  kind of run.......let me tell you that first pint of post run Strawberry Milk NEVER touched the sides going down!!!Got Milk? oh hell yeah!!!!!!!  Thursday another 8 miler to keep on pace for the 40mpw I'm shooting for,thankfully back down to a respectable 83 degrees like Tuesday and w/ Wednesdays "grind em till ya find em"run under my belt   this 8 miler  felt much easier........and only required 1 pint of StrawberryMilk post run!!!!                   So we're all up to date   now, since I discovered   for the price of a Venti Zen Tea{man cannot live off of Gatorade/PowerAde and Strawberry Milk alone!!!}    I can suck up free Wi Fi in any Starbucks I'm able to tap away  on my laptop post repeat this morning,sadly track/running god doesn't allow me to skip out on household chores tomorrow so there won't be time to post this morning's efforts till Monday along w/{fingers crossed} hopefully a successful return to the realm of the Sunday long run  .........it never stops......but I wouldn't have it any other way!!!!!!!!!!!!                                                                 

No comments: