Monday, July 7, 2014

One For Another

I'd have prefered to have been up earlier than 9.30am on Saturday but it wasn't the case.....no big in the general scheme of things,I could still have my cake and eat it so to speak......
Normally 9.30am on a Saturday would not have been an issue for hitting the track at Temple......however factor in the World Cup quarter final between my pick to win it all Argentina vs my dark horse Belgium and I could be forgiven for opting to switch things around this weekend.

Since I'm tapering my Sunday long run was only 6 miles......it's really difficult to type that w/ a straight face!!!! so I figured I could knock out an easy 6 miler Saturday and do my 5x100m repeats Sunday.....and cop all of Argentina Belgium.......winner winner,Chicken dinner!!!!!
Out by 10.45am.....things were alot less hot and oppressive than Wednesdays 5 miler at 4.45pm and thankfully my day to myself on Friday to decompress from the shit show that was my job last week and take the considerable edge off where I was when I posted on Thursday.

Out and back to Lloyd Hall along the Schuylkill Banks keeping it nice and easy since my final repeat session b4 Nationals was following tomorrow,which meant reigning in the temptatation to get involved in pissing contests along the Banks...no point winning the battles if I lose the war when it truly matters over 5x1000m.
Home in time for the national anthems and kick off and 90 mins of yours truly up and down like a Jack In A Box as Argentina beat Belgium 1.0 to reach their first World Cup semi final in 24 years....Vamos Albiceleste!!!!

No comments: