Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Back Into The System

A wise man once told me "you can do anything you want in this life.......you just have to be prepared to pay the price that goes w/ it".......
So remember my 13 mile run on April 9th in the snow,rain,sleet,hail?????? well a week later yours truly was laid up w/ a virial infection which cost me two weeks of training...........


Glass half empty I lost two weeks of training which means the magic number is down to 11 now till Outdoor Nationals
Glass half full I've save my legs going into Fridays anchor leg of the M50 Masters 4x400m at Penn Relays.


Easy 6 miler out and back to Lloyd Hall along the Schuylkill Footpath and Banks last nite to blow the cobwebs off and also get back into the routine of coming home stretching and going out for a run,I can ill afford any more time off now if Grand Rapids Michigan is going to happen in mid July.


Felt ok out there last nite,granted 6 miles at 10 min mile pace should feel easy but I just need to kick start the engine this week,I can potentially log a 40mpw  including the race,a repeat and a Sunday 14 miler and get myself back upto 50mpw next week.


Having just finished the Jimmy Connors autobiography "The Outsider" I was struck by this quote
"Hard Work,Tenacity,Pride,& Personality"........................
#nuffsaid it's time to get back to work.......

No comments: