Thursday, July 24, 2008

Getting Closer

Nationals are two weeks away as of today,midnite also marks the first deadline for entries and getting mine in b4 hitting the track for my 4x1 mile repeats today made the realization of my months of hard work much closer.
Post workout GP and I discussed at lenght the battle plan for the upcoming fortnite,I have to say I like what we came up w/ begining w/ a 600m time trial on Saturday.
I close tonite w/ my latest "quotable quote" long b4 my blog I kept a running log and on the inside cover I,d write great running quotes that I could take inspiration from,last week in Ireland I began to read my Steve Ovett autobiography and in his preface he says,"any idiot can become an Olympic champion providing they have a lot of luck,work hard and cross the finish line first in the final"
I make no bones about the fact I timed it so that I,d be reading Steve Ovett,s autobiography leading upto Nationals....w/ a bit of luck this time next year leading upto Worlds I,ll be reading the long awaited Eamonn Coghlan autobiography.

No comments: