Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Sound Advice

An easy 5 miler today,trust me not so much from the 4.28.9 mile last nite but more from not getting to bed till 12.10am and answering the call of the alarm at 5.40am,seldom has a morning shower woken me up as abruptly as this mornings!!!.
Post workout "Charlie Dibble" and I spoke on the phone,I guess I have to explain the whole GP/Charlie Dibble thing,after my Gary Sobers blog title for my six sixes at 1.45 and under last week w/ my 6x600m repeat GP sent me an email titled Sir Garfield,Gary Sobers was knighted by the Queen for his services to cricket and was hence known as Sir Garfield Sobers,however in the actual email GP asked if I prefered to be called Top Cat,I loved Top Cat when I was a kid,it was one of if not my favourite cartoons and I will confess to watching it now on one of the cartoon networks since then I,ve signed my emails to GP w/ TC and left voice mails asking if Officer Dibble can pick up the phone,I know it,s daft but who said being coached had to be super serious 24/7????
"Dibble" took time out from his 45th b,day to discuss last nites race,offered congratulations,pointed out what I could,ve done differently and asked what my plans were for tomorrow,watching the Olympic Trials this week I,ve heard several runners talk of going back to their collage coaches,who better to coach you than the coach who took you through four years and helped you early in your career and probably knows you better than anyone?
I,m about to envoke one of GP,s philosophies,he often talks of what I do "outside the lines"it,s not all about running,nutrition,rest,general well being etc all go a long way to making you a top runner,having burnt the midnite oil last nite I,m about to put the old "Do Not Disturb" sign on the trash can and call it a nite

No comments: