Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Heavy

The so called weather experts got it wrong......again,yesterdays forcast for today was a 40% chance of thunderstorms,todays forcast was a 20% chance of thunderstorms but as of now 9pm I haven,t seen a hint of rain nor a rumble of thunder.
When I arrived at Franklin Field at 5pm the sun was beating down quite hard I could feel the sweat rolling off of me as I lay on the track going through my pre run stretch routine,however by the time I compleated my mile warm up the sky was a mixture of half sun,half cloud and my three one mile repeats were all conducted under grey skies w/ a very heavy feeling in the air,dare I say Beijingesque.................
I began brightly a 1.15 opening lap b4 dipping to a 1.19,when I clocked a 1.17 third lap and saw 3.51 at the bell I knew I,d have to go some over the final lap...........62 seconds which I believe maybe my fastest ever closing lap on a mile repeat,4.53.43
Things continued in a similar vain on #2 a 1.16 opening lap followed by laps of 1.19 and a 1.18 at the bell,3.53 again I was going to have to go like the clappers over the closing 400m and again I did this time a 63 second final lap,4.56.67.
I opened well on the final mile another 1.15 b4 back to back 1.21s which ultimately was going to cost me dearly,3.57 at the bell,could I go to the well one last time?.....very nearly another 63 second final lap to clock 5.00.73,had it not been for the fact twice on the final mile I was forced to swing wide of some jogsworth occupying lane 5 I may,ve snuck a 4.59 in there,obviously those 2 1.21 laps cost me dearly.
On the one hand I,m disappointed w/ my overall performance,that said my final lap on all three miles was something to be very pleased w/,I,d like to think the air quality had alot to do w/ tonites splits,I can,t complain too much most of my workouts this summer have been conducted in favorable conditions and at the end of the day I as able to get the workout in and remain on my rotation for the week something that the so called experts would try to have me believe was not possible...............but what do they know?

No comments: