Thursday, July 31, 2008

This Time Next Week

This time next Thursday I,ll be in Spokane for Nationals,my third summer since my 06 debut in Charlotte North Carolina.
It looks like I may well have to run a prelim in the 800m next Thursday afterall,prior to last nite the field was set at 12 runners however w/ the final deadline for late entries at midnite 2 more runners signed up so now there are 14 of us,providing all 14 of us declare and show up Thursday two heats will be ran,if only 12 of us declare we,ll get advanced to Saturdays final.
Last year was a 10 man final after prelims were waived,who can forget my 06 prelim under the lites in Charlotte my feeling has always been to arrive in Spokane mentally and physically prepared to race on Thursday,if I don,t so be it,if I do not only is it one extra race for me but also an extra race for those planning to run three events which may well determine if there are any w/drawals,alot to ponder as the days tick down.
An easy 5 miler this evening to keep me on pace for my weekly milage total of 30 miles,tomorrow sees a second 600m time trial b4 another easy 5 miler on Saturday and a rest day Sunday

No comments: