Friday, August 1, 2008

Do Over Required

Not exactly how I wanted my second to last workout to go,amazing how a simple workout, a 600m can be well and truly banajaxed by two people oblivious to track ethics.
Having gotten through my now newly extended stretches I went through the motions of a mile warm up and mile of strides,it was during the mile of strides I felt I was going to have a problem.
Let me state for the record I don,t feel because I run as fast as I do that I have any devine right to any lane on any track be it lane 5 at Franklin Field or the inside lane anywhere else,I respect other people using the track and only ask that they yeild the right the right of way to any athlete about to overtake them,for as long as I remember that,s been the code of conduct on any track.
I knew I had to attack the first turn to set the tone early and felt I,d gotten a good rhythm going,I opted for lane 6 since a slower runner had been using lane 5 during my mile of strides,I was only running a lap and a half it wouldn,t kill me to switch lanes for once................
Coming off the first turn I looked up along the back stretch,two walkers were now occuping lanes 5&6 ahead of me,I felt there was enough room on the inside to sneak through in lane 5,no worries,I reached 400m in just over 59 seconds.
Going into the final turn disaster was awaiting me in the form of slow jogger in lane 5,during my mile of stride I must of passed him three times always going wide around him,this time w/ roughly 120m to go w/out looking he veers over into lane 6,forcing me wide out into lane 7,sweet jaysus I was all over the sodding track this evening like chicken shit on a farm and I only ran 600m!!!!!!
1.32.19 and I was NOT happy...........let,s just say something rhyming w/ johnny nollocks and begining w/ a b was to be heard quite loudly at the finish line.
In running as is in life adversity is always going to present its self,it,s how you handle it,I compleated my two mile cool down to put me at 25 miles for the week and the prospect of an easy 5 miler tomorrow morning will round out my weekly milage at 30 miles for the 12th week in a row.
Prior to this evening the game plan was to run 2x600m on Monday,given that I,ve logged dozens of sub 1.45 600s over the last several weeks I,m more inclined to take another crack at the 600m time trial..............and hope to be able to conduct it all in one lane this time.

No comments: