Saturday, August 30, 2008

Don,t Take The Bait

A nice easy 9am 5 mile recovery run this morning to round out my week at 32 miles and finish off the month.
I was thinking this last nite but never got around to mentioning it in my blog,while I was conducting my mile repeats on the track at Franklin Field the Penn Quakers were being put through their paces by the football coaches,just as my season is winding down theirs is about to begin,by the time I begin to amp up for indoor season their season will be coming to an end.
I got heckled this morning on my run,first time in a while,it happens I tend to shrug it off,answering back means the idiots have won but I allowed myself a wry smile when "Bozzo" made his "you need to run faster than that "bone headed quote,he wouldn,t know the difference between a recovery run and a recovery room and will never know how fortunate he was to have caught me in the right frame of mind,the savage celtic black hearted pagan in me seems to be dormant right now,long may that continue,but don,t let the blue eyes fool you,w/ Motorhead occupying majot air time on my walkman/ipod it could be a matter of time b4 "Built For Speed" gets replaced by "Killed By Death" as my current battle anthem,there I,ve given you all fair warning!

No comments: