Monday, August 18, 2008

New Time Slot,Same Results

Ah the bliss of a week off,how awesome to wake at 9am have breakfast,catch the Olympic Late Show on my dvr and then head down to the track for my workout,I could get used to this.......what I can,t get used to is no pay cheque every two weeks so this week will be very much a one off for the time being!!!
I arrived at a warm Franklin Field by 11.30am to conduct my stretches and mile warm up and mile of strides,having discussed w/ GP the rights and wrongs of Fridays first crack at this workout I went into my lunchtime routine knowing what was expected of me.
19.76 for the opening 150m,no misjudging my pace there unlike Friday and while my second 150m came up a little shorter,20.34 I felt I had kicked things off nicely.
Since I,m posting this entry b4 GP and I talk about it it remains to be seen how he feels about the 400s,I,m clocking them faster than the workouts are required so does he comend me for running faster 400m splits or chastize me for not getting the exact 150/100/150 splits correct?....I,ll have to get back to you on that one after we talk tonite.
For the record I opened w/ a 22.11.25 split to clock 58.52 and followed this up w/ a 23.11.25 split to clock 59.83.
If you,ve ever ran at Franklin Field you,ll know it,s laid out differently from your conventional track anywhere else,while my start and finish are at the same point and I,m reasonably confident my opening 150m mark is correct since it,s where I conduct my opening 150m repeats I can,t stake my life nor bet the house on the 100m and 150m marks I,ve eyeballed on the track being balls dead acurate since I,m clocking 11 and 12 second 100s that could be off meaning my second 150m is actually longer since it,s meant to be in the 22/23 second range,the bottom line is it,s a full 400m from start to finish,of that much I can be sure.
22.12.26 for a 60.20 third 400m b4 a 23.12.27 closer for a 61.73,all four well inside the 66,66,64,62 range I,m shooting for.
Now for the closing mile,GP had told me post workout Friday that he wasn,t overly concerned w/ the first three splits on this mile he just wanted me to run the final lap as hard as I could,I opened w/ a 1.37,3 seconds down on Friday for what that was worth,a second lap of 1.35,3 seconds faster than Friday and my overall time was only a second slower than Friday evening,3.42 at the bell a 1.30 lap and I was a second faster than 3 nites ago,now for the fun and games,Friday I was guilty of not going flat out on the final lap I picked up the pace along the back straight on route to a 69 second closing lap,today I was able to begin to increase my pace w/ 250m to go b4 launching into my kick w/ 200m remaining as I clocked a 66 second final lap and a 5.48.48 mile,come Wednesday I want to be able to start amping up my pace earlier than 250m out,300m out would be nice and so and so forth to the point when this final lap will be no different to any other final lap I run in a track workout.
Due to the time honoured Belmont Hill Repeats begining this week on Thursday not Wendesday and next Tuesday seeing the traditional curtain call to the track season at Roxboro for the Wisahickon Wanderers meet my schedule and rotation is going to be oh so slightly tweaked,Wednesday will see a repeat of the In And Out 400s as next week I,m looking at meet,hill repeats back to back Tuesday/Wednesday b4 Mile repeats on Friday,the following week I lose my Friday mile repeats to Battle Royale the following day b4 hopefully a week of Mon,Wed,Fri In And Out 400s,Hill Repeats and Mile repeats,followed by a Mon/Wed 400s/Hill Repeats b4 5th Avenue Mile,although slightly convoluted I should manage 6 In And Out 400m repeats in my six week build up to 5th Avenue.

No comments: