Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Getting There

A quick turnaround due to Belmont Hill repeats tomorrow and also the desire to get 6 In And Out 400m repeats under my belt b4 5th Avenue Mile,next Tuesdays meet at Roxboro means Mondays scheduled repeat session falls by the way side so back to back 400s and my third set inside 6 days.
By now I was hoping to have if not gotten the workout down pat to be at least more consistant,in places today felt like an improvement,still not quite the finished article but as each session goes by I feel like I,m getting it right a little bit more than the time b4.
I was joined by my team mate and good friend Neil again today,Neil has become a regular at my workouts of late and I always appreciate him coming out to join me and give me that push I need.
Big improvement on the opening 150s,20.49/20.08 my target times are 21/20 and this was by far my most consistant set of opening 150s to date
GP had stressed the importance of the closing 150m on each 400m to me Monday,while I,d been clocking fast splits thus far each 400m got slightly slower,58,59,59,60 last Friday,58,59,60,61 on Monday,the key today was to try and take a little off the opening split and get faster on the next three,I didn,t quite execute that today but I was reasonably pleased w/ my overall performance.......however I,ll be more pleased on Monday Sept 1st if I can improve on what I did today.
My splits went:22/12/26=60.07,22/11/25=58.56,23/11/26=60.03,24/14/24=62.84 as this is being blogged BC........Before{talking to}Coach I can,t say what GP,,s take on this is,if nothing else at least my closing 150m split was faster than my opening three.
Big spike improvement on my closing mile,given it,s a 5.29 target time that I,ve failed to get close to this lunchtime thanks to Neil I went through the opening lap in 1.21,well inside the 1.30 target time,a second 1.21 followed to clock 2.42 at 800m,I was feeling comfortable and although I only clocked a 1.29 third lap I still went through the bell in 4.11,a huge improvement on the 4.43/4.42 I,d managed previously.
As "Dib" likes to remind me this workout is all about the final lap,Friday I cranked it up at 200m to go,Monday I cranked it up at 250m to go today I took off at 300m to go,I said each session I would look to lenghten the distance of where I,m taking off,again I clocked a 66 second final lap to finish w/ a 5.17.90 mile,here,s hoping when this repeat gets revisited on Sept 1st I,m strong enough to go at the bell,all in all a good workout...........now for the post workout inquest w/ GP.....

No comments: