Thursday, August 28, 2008

Following The Plan

After two hard days it was a nice change of pace to enjoy an easy 5 mile recovery run this afternoon,one of the subtle differences I,ve been able to make this year is treat my easy/recovery run as just that,no taking the stop watch to time it just put in the requisit miles at a comfortable pace and save my legs and my energy for tomorrow and the next repeat,which will be 4x1 mile.
I noticed last Thursday on the walk home from Belmont how the evenings are begining to get shorter,this week returning to work I,m noticing how it,s not fully daylite when I leave the house at 5.55am, a sure sign summer is drawing to a close, a fact further puncuated by Labor Day this weekend,my glorious summer is coming to an end and w/ that means the end of track season and the transition to fall and cross country.
Based on my first two weeks of hill repeats I,m optimistic about the upcoming xc season,granted two good hill repeats does not a great xc season make but I,ll get an idea of where I,m at early on next Saturday when I race Battle Royale at Belmont,last year I finished 19th in 24.55.21. so any improvement on that will be welcome.

No comments: