Thursday, August 14, 2008

Twenty Years

An easy 5 miler around Clark Park this afternoon as I get ready for a return to in and out 400m repeats tomorrow.
Today is a landmark day for me,twenty years since I quit drinking,believe me when I say everything good in my life today comes from this,on Aug 13th 1987 I sat on the window sill of a rat infested house drinking my last drink and 20 years later I,m celebrating another National Championship title,I,ve come along way one day at a time and dear God please let it continue,one day at a time.
"There are twenty years to go,a golden age I know but all the past will end too fast you know,there are twenty years to go,and meny friends I hope,though some may hold the rose,some hold the rope,that,s the end,that,s the start of it,that,s the whole and that,s the part of it,that,s the high,and that,s the heart of it,that,s the long and that,s the short of it,that,s the best and that,s the test in it,that,s the doubt,doubt the trust in it,that,s the sight and that,s the sound of it,that,s the gift and that,s the trick in it"
''Twenty Years" Placebo

No comments: