Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Two Thumbs Up

First and formost,after reading my blog I received a positive email responce from coach Charlie Dibble/GP,dispite going out 5 seconds faster in the opening lap GP prefered to look at the bigger picture,a 60 second opening 400m in the mile followed by splits of 70,71,70,not 70,81,70 as I wrote last nite means a different tact at 5th Avenue Mile,something GP and I will discuss over the next few weeks but something I won,t be mentioning in the blog............afterall I never know who might be reading it leading upto 5th Avenue Mile!!!!
As for tonite,week #2 of Belmont hill repeats,4x Nursery/Parachute,last year my splits were:2.14,2.06,2.25,2.07,tonite I went through them in 2.13.06,2.16.38,2.14.91,2.01.48,not a bad nites work if I say so myself,I went into the session a little tired off of a few hectic days at work plus last nites race but none the less was able to block that out for the less than nine minutes of the workout!!!
Chuck took me on the old"Surekill"course for the cooldown, Dave Thomas has talked about bringing back that course for a 10k xc race this December,frankly I think there,s more work needed to make that happen than Dave realizes but we,ll see.
My more immediate concern is tomorrows 5 mile recovery run b4 Fridays 4x1 mile repeats.

No comments: