Saturday, August 2, 2008

An Even Dozen

Up and at it by 8.45am this morning,an easy 5 miler around Clark Park to round out my weekly milage at 30 miles again.
Not only 12 weeks in a row but also 14 times in the past 15 weeks and 16 times in the 19 weeks of build up from April 1st untill now.
Post workout GP and I finally caught up w/ each other and discussed the week that was and the upcoming week,GP feels there,s no need to go after another 600m time trial Monday prefering I stick to the game plan of 2x600m and while I,m still a tad miffed over yesterday I feel he,s right.
It was interesting to hear Olympic swimmer Michael Phelps talk about how this week leading upto the Olympics has dragged,it,s hard to believe that 19 weeks have elapsed since Indoor Nationals ended and I began to turn my attention to all things Spokane and Outdoor Nationals and now it seems the days get longer as my departure day gets closer.
Tomorrow will be a @#$% off day,those rare days I really don,t have to do anything,some catching up w/ stuff on my dvr and that,s about it,r&r is the key word of the day.

No comments: