Sunday, August 17, 2008

Nationals A Post Script

W/ the dust now well and truly settled on the 08 edition of Outdoor Nationals I want to add these final thoughts and obsevations.
For me Nationals isn,t all about Gold medals,National Championship titles,pr,s/club records,granted that,s a huge part of it and why I work so hard year round to put myself in a position to try and achieve them but Nationals is also about meeting up w/ the friends I,ve made since my Nationals debut in Charlotte in 06 and making new friends.
In 06 I didn,t know too meny people,however w/ a team mate like Chuck who,d been a regular at Nationals for a few years he introduced me to some people who I met up w/ at Indoor Nationals the following March and then again at Orono last summer.
Subsequently I now know several masters athletes and this year at Boston and again at Spokane I not only caught up w/ these friends but also made new friends also, it,s like that tv commercial for USATF that gets shown during track and field when Deena Kastor says "I love this sport,I will always be apart of it"a sentiment I echo,in fact my final words at this years Nationals to So Cals,s Mark Cleary were"see you Landover in March when the clans all gather again" Till then I,ll be marking off the weeks and days.

No comments: