Monday, August 4, 2008

Lights,Cameras,Action

My final workout b4 Nationals and of all things a film crew on hand at Franklin Field.......not for my benefit I hasten to add though I was tempted to pitch the screen play of''Miles,Medals,Memories"the Kevin Forde story......but we,ll save that for another time I guess!!!!
Given that this was a low key workout the fact that said film crews presence meant lanes 5-9 at the 200m mark were blocked by the high jump mats and a varity of film equiptment was strewn across the track in lanes 5-9 meant my workout would be slightly compromised,were I still two/three weeks out from Nationals and looking to do 6x600m repeats I think I,d have been somewhat ticked at the intrusion as it was I saw it as a minor hiccup on my evening.
Following my stretches and mile warm and mile of strides it was time to have at it,2 600m repeats,I knew from 200m through 250m I was going to have to cut across from lane 5 to lane 2 b4 cutting back to lane 5 again so my 400m splits would be somewhat off but since this was hardly a be all and end all workout I wasn,t going to be too ridged about it.......however I wasn,t prepared to run the whole 600m in lane 1 knowing full well my time would be false due to the inside 4 lanes being short.
62 seconds at 400m b4 a closing 200m in 32 seconds,1.34.47,I hadn,t planned to go quite that fast and while my 400m split may,ve been "lite" by a second or two due to the swerving across lanes I had to be pleased w/ the closing 200m split.
66 seconds at 400m on#2 and again another dig deep final 200m split,this time 31 seconds to clock 1.37.37,again I,d probably have to add a second or two to make each 600m legit but I think I,d have been looking at 1.36/1.37 for the first,1.39/1.40 for the second.
Did a 6 lap cool down to even out the sessions milage at 3 miles,I will return tomorrow for an easy 3 miler,probably the time honoured mile warm up,mile of strides,mile cool down b4 getting ready to depart for Spokane.

No comments: