Monday, July 7, 2008

A Matter Of Routine

If it,s the day b4 a race then it,s an easy 3 miler and big arse bowl of pasta and texas toast kind of evening......if it aint broke don,t fix it!!!
W/ the Olympic trials over it,s full sream ahead to Beijing for those lucky enough to make it,for me tomorrow nite marks an eighth and final pre Nationals race w/ exactly a month still to go till Spokane.
Last year I ran my eighth and final race two weeks b4 Nationals,this year due to an earlier than usual start to the outdoor season not to mention my trip home to the motherland this Friday I,ll call time on my race schedule tomorrow over 800m at Plymouth Whitemarsh,thus far this outdoor season I,ve posted times of 2.03.07,2.03.72 and 2.02.45,anything even marginally faster than these times would be a good evenings work.
Like any race there,s mental prep and vizualzation of how I,d like the race to go but that can all change the second the gun goes off and it,s all about reaction,as ever I can,t control conditions or level of competition all I can do is show up ready to run to the best of my ability and hope on the nite my best is better then everyone elses.

No comments: