Friday, July 4, 2008

Red,White And Blue

Independence Day,not a big deal where I grew up but I must say one of my all time favourite July 4th memories stems from London 86,Hard Rock Cafe and free beer..............oh how times have changed!!!!
It was along those lines I was thinking this morning,I was out the door by 9am to take care of business and compleat my 5 miler around Clark Park,between 2003-2005 I ran the 15k at Downingtown in 2006 I ran a 5k at Haddon Heights,the past two years have seen me conduct recovery runs after track workouts on July 3rd,to quote Bob Dylan"The Times They Are A Changing"
I,m greatful for a day off from work,the fact this spills into a 3 day weekend is even better,having dvrd Monday nites races at the Olympic Trials,and last nites it was enjoyable to get caught up on all the action in Eugene and we still have three more days to come,however w/ a 4x1 mile track workout on tap for the am again tomorrow me thinks ye olde dvr will be getting programmed again tonite as I can ill afford to be up till 1am watching the trails and getting up at 8am to head out to Lower Merion for a track workout,besides what better way to unwind post repeat workout in the recliner,feet up,cold iced tea in one hand,remote in the other b4 tomorrows events in the afternoon,God Bless America

No comments: