Saturday, July 26, 2008

{All}Trial And {No} Error

GP and I had talked about this 600m time trial for a few weeks,w/ one thing and another we never got around to putting those two great chestnuts theory and practice into action untill this morning.
The simple premise was one all out 600m w/ a target time of 1.28,58 seconds at 400m and a 30 second closing 200m,considering my opening 600m on Monday went 64/33 I was going to have to make sure the jets were burning from the moment I crossed the starting line.
I arrived at Lower Merion High School,s track around 10.45am it was already getting hot and I was greatful I only had one 600m to conduct and not 4x1 mile which in that heat might,ve meant the only thing cooking would be yours truly!!
Following my stretches it was the time honoured mile warm up and mile of strides b4 showtime,as w/ any new workout it,s always tough to gauge how to run it,sure I,m no stranger to 600s but 6 of them,one flat out was new ground for me.
I reached 400m in 60.00,down on the 57/58 seconds GP had set me but 4 seconds faster than my fastest opening 400m of any 600m repeat I,ve ran this year,remembering to relax around the bend I drove hard down the back straight to the finish, a slight cross wind may,ve hindered me slightly but I finished in 1.30.98. a 30 second 200m.
All things considered I was pleased w/ my performance and I look forward to a second crack at this workout next Friday.
I threw in a 2 mile cool down to bring my weekly milage upto 25 miles w/ a rare Sunday workout on tap tomorrow to round me out to 30 miles.

No comments: