Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Best Part Of The Day

After a ball breaker of a work day getting out and running feels like the best way to deal w/ that stress so having had to man the fort solo today on the second to last delivery day b4 the holidays and work like a Trojan I was more than ready to get out there this evening for my 10 miler.
One plus of working through my lunch was "having it away on my toes" by 3pm and post post work chores I was on the road by 4.20pm.

Sunny and 38 degrees according to trust Peco Tower I was enjoying my run,going over South St bridge it looked like I'd get hosed by good old CSX Freight...yet again,jeez even when I get out early they find a way to be coming through the tracks at Locust St,however no detour tonite,by the time I made my way through Markward Playgrounds and over to the railroad tracks at Locust St it had continued up the track,so no up and over Walnut St bridge....tonite,tomorrow could be a different story!

Passed my friend and teammate Sean Harbison as I passed Lloyd Hall he was heading back southbound on Kelly Drive so it was a quick"hi and bye"I'm sure the good doctor and I will catch up at some point soon.
Felt like the wind picked up a little on the inbound leg,either that or the sun going down made it feel a tad brisker than when I set off,maybe getting my track workout in during daylight hours got me spoilt yesterday?

Tomorrow is looking like more of the same,I plan on"doing the early bird" again at 3pm since I know I won't be taking a lunch{sidebar my department is holding their holiday party tomorrow lunchtime.....seems that's all anyone can talk about downstairs for the past two days,I wasn't invited....I know you're shocked,stunned,gobsmacked and amazed....I wouldn't brake bread w/ them even if I was invited,choke on it you bastards I say}so once I've done what needs doing I'm outta there till Tuesday.

No comments: