Tuesday, December 14, 2010

TBC....Too Bleedin' Cold

W/ the mercury topping out at a "balmy" 26 degrees today the chances of me running were bulimic to anorexic trust me!!
Now that base mileage is behind me till next October I'm looking at running 6 days a week now so a rest day is on tap,however I didn't plan on it being today,I had hoped I could at least squeeze in my short run{8 miles} but in that kind of cold the thought of such harsh air going in to my lungs was enough to help me to wise up and say tomorrow is another day.
It'll still be below freezing but 5 to 6 degrees warmer so I think the 8 miler is on tap tomorrow w/ back to back 10 milers Thursday and Friday b4 a return to the track Saturday for 10x400m repeats.

In spite of being the self appointed poster child of all things"non holiday"I made a xmas mix tape for the girls in the Wound Center recently,I've been making them a mix tape a month for the last few months so since it is"the season"I thought a holiday mix tape wouldn't go a miss and I must confess even though some of my favourite holiday songs are on old trusty vinyl I was quite pleased w/ the mix I made,hope some of your favourites are on here:

U2, Christmas,Baby Please Come Home
Pretenders,2000 Miles
Wham, Last Christmas
Pat Benatar,Please Come Home For Christmas
Queen,Thank God It's Christmas
Cocteau Twins,Frosty The Snowman
The Alarm,So This Is Christmas
Kate Bush,December Will Be Magic Again
The Damned,There Ain't No Sanity Clause
Joss Stone & Elton John,Call It Christmas
Ramones,Merry Christmas,I Don't Wanna Fight
Waitresses,Christmas Wrapping
Side Two
Greg Lake,I Believe In Father Christmas
Eurythmics,Winter Wonderland
Run DMC,Christmas In Hollis
The Pogues & Kirsty Mc Coll,Fairytale In New York
Elton John,Step In To Christmas
Gloria Estafan,Christmas Through Your Eyes
The Kinks,Father Christmas,Give Us Your Money
Saint Etienne,I Was Born On Christmas Day
Bruce Springsteen,Merry Christmas Baby
John Mellencamp,I Saw Mommy Kissing Santa Clause
AC DC,A Mistress For Christmas
Bryan Adams,Run Run Rudolph.

No comments: