Sunday, December 19, 2010

One Down..............

So the first week of basic training is under my belt.60 miles and 2 repeats on the track.
16 miler today to round out the week,as is my won't I set off at 10.30am,I was thinking about that yesterday that in the winter months maybe pushing my Saturday track workout back a few hours might be prudent to maximize slightly warmer conditions,ditto for the Sunday 16 miler but it rather flys in the face of the time honoured adage"get it out of the way early and be done w/ it" however given the numbness my left hand felt around the 9 mile mark maybe I'll have to review that mindset.

I've said b4 I'm cursed w/ the worst circulation in the world,I often marvel at how other runners can be out there w/out gloves and sometimes in shorts,I didn't check the temperature b4 I left but my guess was much like yesterday it was hovering around the freezing mark and frankly probably didn't warm up that much over the 2 hours I was out there around the 9 mile mark I noticed my finger tips on my left hand were getting numb....meanwhile my right hand was fine and as the run continued the numbness began to work its way down my fingers,upon completion of the run my hand was feeling numb,meanwhile my right hand was fine.....I've no idea what the hell was going on there?

Other than my hand it was all tickety boo out there,unlike during base mileage when I'd come into my 16 miler on the back of 59 miles now during basic mileage I came in on the back of 44 miles so my legs were fresher,plus I'm no stranger to the 16 miler,this was my 7th in the last 8 weeks.
W/ this week under my belt I look forward to going into this coming week w/ more of the same.

No comments: