Thursday, December 16, 2010

Oh No He Didn't...........

Yes,I did run my 10 miler this evening in the snow and 24 degrees.
Looking more like "Nanook Of The North" than a runner I made sure to bundle up this evening to brave the elements,the irony being had I've ran Tuesday I could've taken today as my rest day,hey ho!

There was already a light dusting of snow on the ground when I set off at 4.35pm and early on the mindset of this run became"let's get through this in one piece",the sidewalks were ok but I noticed crossing roads that conditions underfoot were in places icy,something I would have to keep in mind on the inbound section.

I was pleasantly surprised to see a dozen or more other runners out there tonite,there always a sense of"thank God I'm not the only one out here in this" when you see other like minded souls when you're out running to begin w/ muchless in the snow and 24 degrees!
As I made my way through Markward Playground back towards the South St bridge I saw and heard another CSX freight train, trust me tonite was not the nite for standing around waiting for that to pass by.
Let's hope tomorrow is a little warmer yeah?

No comments: