Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside.....But I Still Ran

Frankly it wasn't much warmer today than it was yesterday but I'd burnt my one rest day for the week so it was a case of bundle up and have at it.
Given the next two days will be mildly warmer than today I opted for my shorter run{8 miles} today and back to back 10 milers tomorrow and Friday b4 a return to the track on Saturday for 10x400m and then a 16 miler Sunday to round out at 60 miles for the week.

It's been a while since I've ran below 9 miles{On October 1st I ran a 6 miler 2 days b4 the Syracuse 5k,and since then it's been a steady diet of 9 milers,10 milers,12 milers and 16 milers} but I was glad for something a little shorter tonite as Peco Tower revealed it was only 29 degrees as I hit the Schuylkill Banks just after 5pm.

After seven weeks of base mileage it feels strange to only be at 14 miles on a Wednesday but as I move into the next phase of my training that's something I'll get used to over the coming weeks

No comments: