Thursday, December 30, 2010

Is It A For Assassin Or H For Hitman In The Yellow Pages?

First run since Saturday,and sorely needed as you may gather from the title,w/out going in to too much detail let's just say there's trouble a brewing on the home front and leave it at that for now.
Sunday was a scheduled rest day w/ the intention of hitting the track Monday.....however a foot of snow put paid to not only the track but any form of running on Monday and frankly I felt the sidewalks weren't going to be user friendly Tuesday,maybe I could've gotten a run in yesterday but given the unrest in the house I opted against it but today the "cabin fever"had gotten to me and I knew I needed to run just because I hadn't in a few days plus the chance to "blow off some steam' was too good to pass up.

The last couple of days have warmed up meaning the foot of snow we got Sunday is melting and most sidewalks are clear enough to run on,I had the added bonus of leaving work at 3pm and being on the road by 4pm and getting most of the run in during daylight.
According to trusty old Peco Tower it was 39 degrees out there this afternoon a nice afternoon to run.
I had planned to hit the track tomorrow and maybe again Sunday....however it was brought to my attention that Temple's track is still under considerable snow so that's that idea gone for a burton,no big 2 12 milers either side of a 16 miler in Saturday plus today's 10 miles gives me 50 miles for the week in 4 days,having clocked 60 the last two weeks and w/ 2 races on tap at the end of next week I can consider this a mother nature induced taper.

So a mid morning 12 miler on tap tomorrow and then my Top Ten races of the year to blog to round out the year.

No comments: