Friday, December 24, 2010

Xmas Eve

Xmas Eve not a "tubby"in sight,Thank You Santa a runners delight.............
Ok so I'm no Wordsworth or Shakespeare but it's not bad if I say so myself!
Back to the track today for a second crack at 10x400m,last weeks debut had gone pretty well and I was looking to build on that today.

A near deserted Temple track at 11am,three other hardy souls joined me in the sunny but mild conditions,as ever the wind down the back straight was a beast but I was determined to make sure I got the better of it today.
Warm up laps conducted it was time to have at it,the goal today was to keep all 10 400s at 68 seconds or under.....
#1 400m 69.4.Had I ran the home straight w/ an nth more conviction this would've been a 68 for sure.
#2 400m 68.2.No let down here,worked the bottom turn and back straight to fight the wind b4 coming off the top turn and up the home straight w/ a smidge more than repeat #1
#3 400m 68.2.More of the same the wind on the bottom turn was dying down but the back straight was still proving to be a beast,
#4 400m 68.1.Either I'd worked out the wind or it was dying down,maybe a bit of both?
#5 400m 66.3.Nice!I won't deny the string of 68s had me concerned that maybe there wasn't another gear to go to today,the 66 told me otherwise.
#6 400m 68.0.As w/ my three prior repeats I've done a good job syncing my knee lift w/ my arms,thus far today I'd been the model of consistency.
#7 400m 67.7.While last weeks 400s had seen more 67s coming in to #7 last Saturday was nowhere near as windy as today.
#8 400m 67.3.If Saturday had been a little up and down like an EKG chart today was far more consistent and w/ 2 more to go I was aiming to keep it that way.
#9 400m 68.2.No 69 second #9 like last week,keeping a 68 second average was paying dividends.
#10 400m 65.5.Way to finish it off in style,any thoughts of a mulligan on #1 had no gone out the window now!

All in all I was very pleased w/ today's performance,in fact all 4 repeats in the past two weeks have met w/ my approval and hopefully I can continue to improve on them.
16 miler on tap tomorrow to round out another 60 mile week and then hoping the proposed snow they're predicting doesn't fall,we'll have to keep out fingers crossed for that

No comments: