Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Did Somebody Say Treadmill??

You know what they say about shit rolling one way,down hill well guess who feels he's stuck at the foot of the mountain????
After another bull busting day at work I had to endure another sub par run,while I'm grateful to actually get out and run at a time when my confidence is as low as whale shit....ie at the foot of the ocean the last thing I needed was a run that was 9 minutes slower than it should be over 8 miles.
Granted some of the conditions along my out and back along the Schuylkill Banks are still covered in ice but on Sunday over the same course w/ the exception of Sunday being a 10 miler and yesterday being 8 miles I only lost 2 minutes.

The cause of the problem seems to be my legs they feel heavier than a Tony Iommi rift or a John Bonham drum beat,zero knee lift,next to no leg turnover,after a week off you'd have though they'd be fresh and chompin' at the bit but no such luck.
Is this my anemia playing up again a la 2011? who the fuck knows I've been doing the red meat thing once a a week and taking vitamins but it dosen't seem to be helping and now w/ my friggin Colonoscopy scheduled for next Tuesday a "cease and desist" order has been mandated on my daily vitamin intake,I need that like i need a new areshole.....which I may need after next Tuesday.......

I can't imagine there being a dramatic change in fortunes tonite or tomorrow when I next run and try as I might to accent a positive attitude it's getting harder and harder each day to see me boarding a flight to Boston on March 14th.......

No comments: