Wednesday, February 12, 2014

You Call This Justice?

They say Leopards don't change their spots and frankly at 50 years old I don't feel the need to give explainations or apologies for the things I do......I haven't up untill now so why should I start now,old dog new trick......however I do feel  the need to give the 14 or so regulars who faithfully read my blog on a daily basis a rhyme and reason as to why there were no runs the past two days..... believe me when I say it wasn't my choice not to run but evidently the universe has its own set of rules that I'm just expected to comply w/ irrigardless of if I agree w/ them or not!

Monday just continued where Friday left off.....an utter shitfest to the point I was SO agravated all I ate all day was 2 Granola Bars and subsequently by the time I left work at 3.20pm I knew a run wasn't happeneing again.
It's bad enough the weather is dictating when I can or cannot run but now friggin' work on top of that?
This summer will mark 24 years since I graduated High School,I wasn't what you'd call a "straight A student" and while I seldom cut class I seldom turned in homework muchless made an effort in the classroom"you'll rue the day the wasted this opportunity" I was told repeatedly......"yeah right!!" I thought.......guess they got the last laugh as am now slogging my guts out on a loading dock at 50 instead of some nice cushy office postion somewhere.........that'll teach me won't it!!!

Tuesday, lo and behold my coworker was back after a five day stint of Jury Duty but despite now having someone to share the workload I still found myself all over the place like chickenshit on a farm,subsequently by the time I got home the events of the previous five days had caught up w/ me and I slumpped into my recliner,I knew a run wasn't happening again and I'm sure w/ the latest "Stormageddon" about to hit I'll rue missing either or both days.
Technically I could still get a 5 day/40mpw but  IF tomorrows snow is as bad as the whoremongers.....sorry weather people say its going to be I'd say Thursday and potentially Friday are non runners for starters.......we'll have to wait and see what developes I guess?

No comments: