Tuesday, February 11, 2014

Going Long

Thanks in  no small part to the THREE F'S I had to settle for a 4 day 30 mile week,the Fucking  weather cost me a couple of days,the FUCK up w/ the schedule at The Armory re the Thursday Nite @ The Races  debarcle and finally the FUCK up that was Friday at work.
As it stood Friday morning I had 8 miles for the week so I needed 32 miles over three days,easy 8 on Friday,10 on Saturday and 14 on Sunday.....volia  a 5 day/40mpw........

I'm still blistering from the events of Friday at work and won't bore you w/ the facts but the upshot of the day was off of 5 hours sleep from my frankly wasted trip to The Armory I walked into a minefield at work on Friday and things went downhill quicker than Bode Miller!!!!!
The upshot of the day was I worked solo from 6.25am to 4.23pm and ate a whole Banana mainly due to being  SO agravated I couldn't eat anything else so the prospect of an 8 miler wasn't an option and w/ it wen my plans for a 5 day 40/mpw.....hey ho!
W/ that plan shot to shit I opted to do a 10 miler on Saturday and a 12 miler on Sunday to give me a 4 day 30/mpw.....better than nothing I guess.
After Saturdays  10 miler I hit the Schuylkill Bank/Kelly Drive path/sidewalk for my 12 miler,frankly I hadn't ran above 10 miles in eons probably late 2011 so it was a bit of an eye opener  but w/ a pair of 10 milers under my belt on Saturday and last Sunday I didn't see it as an issue.

What was an issue was how dead my legs felt,zero knee lift and very little in the way of leg turnover I was getting left for dead by other runners who blew right by me,my legs had felt a little heavy on Saturday which I put down to some lactic acid still in them after Thursdays 800m but frankly after a 10 miler and a soak in the tub post run I wasn't expecting them to feel so heavy,that said I ended up only 2 minutes slower than the time I thought I'd run based on my previous days 10 miler.
Obviously there was nom point rying to tackle repeats at Temple this past week and I have a horrible feeling it could be off limits again next week.....

No comments: