Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Getting Away From Me

If ever the universe was trying to tell me something then maybe yesterday was the day I sat up and took notice.
Despite waking up to another three inches of snow {58.4 inches and counting.....} he snow stopped by mid morning and conditions were above favourable by the time I arrived home at 4.10pm.....to run or not to run??
Truth was I was already on the fence about running,the deadness in my legs over Sunday and Mondays 18 miles kind of put me on the back foot to begin w/ and maybe a rest day is just what the doctor ordered.....though I had a week off between last Sunday and this Sunday and my legs still felt like shit so I hardly think a whole day was going to make a whole heap of difference.

Then for the death nail, a message from Jefferson re my Colonoscopy next Tuesday......
Aside from the whole unpleasentness of the procedure to begin w/ now comes a laundry list of do's and dont's the day b4 and day of including "no physical activity".......are you fucking kiddin' me, like I haven't lost enough training this winter due to the weather and work and now I've got to lose ANOTHER 2 days.....fuck off!
Now IF it weren't for the fact I have my final two pre Nationals races on tap for next Thursday and Friday I could still hit a 5 day/40mpw HOWEVER I do have races so I can kiss ANOTHER 40 mile week goodbye and that banging sound you hear is another nail in my Indoor Nationals coffin.....like I said I'm clutching at straws here........

No comments: