Monday, February 17, 2014

Second Guessing

Quick! inform the president,alert NASA,call out the National Guard there's a huge orange fireball in the sky!!!!! oh my bad,it's the fuckin' sun.....been so long since I've seen the bastard I forgot what it looked like!!
It took me a week to finally get a run in but yesterday I was able to log a 10 miler....that's a whole 10 miles for the week......fuckin' ada so much for my plan of logging 40 mile a week after Hartshorne!!!
So far I've managed 40 mpw,30mpw and 10 mpw.....and DON'T even get me started on trying to get to the track for repeats!!!!!!!

The upshot of all this is I'm not 100% convinced a trip to Boston in just under 4 weeks time for Indoor Nationals is worth it.....the problem being that the deadline for entries is this Friday so I have to at least committ to that  unless I wish to drop an extra $50  for the late deadline the following week which is about as much use to me as a one legged man in  an arse kickin' contest.
The following week I have back to back races scheduled for The Armory a mile on Thurs Feb 27th at the final Thursday Nite @ The Races series followed by an 800m on the Friday nite as part of the USATF NYC C'ships providing my times over the mile and 800m are half way decent I'll committ 100% to Indoor Nationals and book my flight and hotel......but if neither time is going to put me "in the conversation" then I'll just eat the entry fee and not waste another $600 on airfair and a hotel it just isn't worth it at this point.

I realize I'm not the only one whos training has suffered due to the "winter of our discontent" but coupled w/ the 17 month inactivity on the competive front each missed run and each cancelled track workout and each bad race has put me further behind the 8 ball than I'd like to be,it would suck to miss a second successive Indoor Nationals period muchless at Reggie Lewis in Boston where I love to run but to go all that way and spend all that money and just be there to make up the numbers doesn't sit w/ me,lets see what the weather and running gods have in store for me over the next two weeks b4 making a final decision.....

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I said 'fuck it' and ditched indoor in favor of more base work. I'd like to shoot for the 5/10 double at outdoor in July.

And hell, I like this 'adverse weather condition' shit but I've about had it. 48/54 mile weeks on ice sucks!

kevin f forde said...

Hopefully we'll cross paths at Wake Forest in July