Monday, February 24, 2014

Not Taking It Laying Down

You'd think having just administered "Last Rites" on my hopes and dreams for the upcoming Indoor Nationals ontop of tomorrows Colonoscopy I'd have the demeanour of beaten broken man{gotta tella ya  a day long diet of fuckin Jello Cups and Chicken Broth isn't filling me w/ glee but.....}far from it.

I blew the weekend off in terms of running.... a sin w/ such glorious conditions but as ever there ws a method to my madness,no point chasing "lost milage" from earlier in the week and also since I can't run today or tomorrow why go for the "stop/start" routine......but w/ 20 weeks till Outdoor Nationals this coming Thursday I thought a little down time both mentally and physically wasn't such a bad thing.
Providing it all goes to plan tomorrow I aim to be "up and at em" come Wednesday b4 my back to back races at The Armory on Thursday and Friday and then it's full steam ahead to the outdoor season w/ one final  visit to The Armory on March 21st.

Having already turned my attention towards outdoors I could be forgiven for feeling the Running Gods haven't "done me a solid" where the outdoor schedule is concerned,in an ideal world w/ 20 weeks to Wake Forest I would have given myself a 8 to 10 week period of solid base building,5 day 40mpw w/ 2 interval sessions each week in there to work on speed,strength and stamina and then 2 races per month in May,June and July leading upto July 17th.......
There's a "Twilight Series" of races at Ichan Stadium in May b4 the "Tuesday Nite Speed Series" kicks off in June and July and for good measure a meet in Philly on July 1st{I know me run in Philly it's almost unheard of  right!!!} I couldn't have written a better schedule if I tried.

While I have concerns w/ tomorrows procedure all I can do is put my faith in Gods hands that everything will be on the up and up and w/ a clean bill of health I can get ready to knuckle down to a spring and summer of hard training,kickin arse and taking names

No comments: