Monday, February 3, 2014

But Ours Go To Eleven....


So for the first time since weekending October 12th a 10 miler to round out a 40mpw,it's about time don't we all agree??
Thankfully mild conditions at 10.45am when I set out for once I was able to not only ditch the ski hat and gloves but also leave the running tights and half zip fleece indoors,w/ six more weeks of winter still on tap I dare say they'll be back on again maybe by Wednesday if the current 7 day forcast is anything to go by but like I say "we'll cross,burn,paint,jump from that bridge when the time comes"

Clearly the unseasonable warmer temps brough people out of their homes even at an early hour and frankly I was happy to see not only fellow runners but walkers out along the Skuylkill Banks and Kelly Drive.
Having laid down three 8 milers during the week I didn't see stepping up to a 10 miler as any issue and frankly I was more than capable of adding an additional 2 miles to my run.
While I may not have finished this run w/ the strength I finished Thursdays 8 miler the important thing ws it was a 10 miler and a 40 mile week.

It remains to be seen if I've left it too late to get myself in"podium shape" for Indoor Nationals in just under 6 weeks time but if that is the case then at least I've given myself a jump start on the Outdoor season and Outdoor Nationals on North Carolina in mid July.
As I type this it's snowing.....again!!!! so who knows how that will effect my prospects of an easy 4 miler tonite muchless my ride upto New York City tomorrow nite and the 800m at The Armory.....

No comments: