Wednesday, February 5, 2014

You Fool No One

The saying goes"the devil is in the details" so I guess I shouldn't have been surprised to discover that last nites "Thursday  Nite @ The Races" series at The Armory was resecheduled from Tuesday Feb 4th to Thursday Feb 6th.............

When the schedule first came out I had it penciled in as Feb 6th but was somewhat taken aback to see it as Tue Feb 4th.......I figured maybe they wanted to bump back the meet  2 days so that anyone running next Saturdays Millrose Games could  do both and never gave it a second thought....
I prepared for Tuesday,scheduling only an easy 4 miler Monday which got scuppered by the snow,ate a  large pre race pasta meal and packed my bag for race day on Tuesday after booking a bus to New York from Philly.......
SOOOOOOOOOOOOO imagine how I felt first thing yesterday morning when checking my emails,Sean Smith mentioned he had planned to go to The Armory last nite untill it was "rescheduled" for Thursday....upon checking  The Armory website I discovered the "Please Note The NYRR Nite @ The Races scheduled for Tuesday Feb 4th has been rescheduled for Thursday Feb 6th,we apologize for any inconvieience" hastily added on the schedule page......

It's not the $15 bus ticket I had to eat nor the $7 I now had to purchase for Thursday that rubs me the wrong way,nor is it the fact I ate a huge bowl of Linguine & Clams for nowth on Monday or the fact I need to rescheule my meals for the week to reacomodate the change in schedule but having set my week up to run Tuesday only to discover in the morning it's now on Thursday I've potentially screwed myself for a 40 mpw not to mention having to "come down" from pre race mode on Tuesday only to have rebuild that mindset again Thursday morning.......
"Thursday Nite @ The Races" should be just that  THURSDAY NITE!!!!!!,I often say I run my best when I'm angry or w/ a chip on my shoulder well I should be seething come gun time for my 800m on Thursday evening.....

No comments: