Thursday, January 7, 2016

Better Late.....Than Never At All......

Greetings,Salutations and as a Paddy Slainte......wishing  ye all good health in 2016.
I had planned my 2016 debut to be Monday Jan 4th.......however a decisive drop in temprature left me Cold,Tired and Hungry come Monday afternoon and frankly the prospect of freezing my keester off was NOT  a big selling point on the virtue of a run,frankly the siren call of a mug of hot Cider and a nap on my recliner won the day and even though I knew Tuesday would be even colder than Monday I failed to rally myself to pull out the appropriate warm clothing for work on Tuesday.....
How cold was it on the dock Tuesday????? whores heart cold I was NUMB and while the mercury rose a little as the day wore on the dameage was done in those early hours to the point I didn't run again Tuesday......

Mercifully Tuesday nite I got my shit together and dug out work boots,thermal socks and running tights to combat the cold on the dock,that  and a rise above freezing helped yesterday and w/ that I was home by 4.10pm changed and out the door by 4.25pm for a 10 miler.
Switching baseball cap for knit hat, 3/4 length tights and bottoms for full length tights and warm up bottoms and short sleeve shirt under my half zip for long sleeve I was golden.....although Gloves wouldn't have gone a miss to be honest......thankfully my long sleeve running shirt sleeves cover my hands throughout the run and I made sure to throw gloves into my bag for this afternoons visit to the track.

Reached the 5 mile turnaround w/ daylight still in effect,YES it may be getting colder but it's also getting lighter... a fair trade off.
W/ repeats on tap this evening that'll be my lot this week,it ends the 6 week phase 1 segment of my prep for Indoor Nationals,w/ a four week/four race phase 2 starting Monday I need to knuckle down over the next four weeks,but having "dipped my toe in the waters" I feel ready to do what needs doing......

No comments: