Friday, January 22, 2016

Now Where Did I Leave My Polar Bear Club Application??????

 I apologize dear reader.....{yes you the lone good hearted soul who frequently checks in on the daily bollocks I post on said blog.....God bless you!!!} for the lack of entries this week......but don't get it twisted I have NOT been a slacker...far from it four runs in four days in below freezing and smack dab on 32 degrees......

I recently switched positions at work from the loading dock to the storeroom,ying no longer freezing my nads off eight,nine hours a day in the dead of winter up on the dock,yang no pc access to post ye olde blog...hey ho a small price to pay if it means on a week like this when I ran in temps of 20,26,32,32 degrees that I wasn't already a frozen Popsicle b4 heading out the door at 4.20/4.30......

Monday Dear God!!! 12 miles in 20 degree temps.....men in white coats w/ nets and tranquilizers should've been out chasing me......were they not shit scared of freezing to death in the prospect....catch me if you can feckers!!!!
Even w/ two pairs of gloves on my fingertips were Novocaine numb and the prospect of cutting down my mileage was a thought.....but "method to my madness" I wanted to go:12,12,12,10 Mon thro Thur to put me in the best possible position for Saturdays all important Hartshorne Masters Mile so I gutted it out by mile 5 and the turnaround at 6 I felt some feeling in said fingertips......

Tuesday another 12 miler but this time in a "balmy" 26 degrees.....BARMY as in "stark raving mad,bonkers,barking,three stops from Dagenham" off my feckin trolley barmy!!!!!
Big shout out to my future mother in law Peaches who gave me a breathable face mask last week which on Monday and again today kept the below freezing winds from freezing my face off.....two down,two to go!

Wednesday feckin ada get the sunscreen out 32 degrees!!! again cursed w/ piss poor circulation my fingertips were numb but to quote the always quotable Monty Python in "Secret Service"" still I was getting used to it by now!!!"

Thursday  after three days of 12 milers only a 10 yesterday to put me at 46 for the week leaving only the required 1.5 mile warm up,mile race,1.5 mile cool down on Saturday to round me out at 50mpw.
Oh yeah,32 degrees again

Friday travel day from Philly to Ithaca b4 tomorrows race......given the shite weather not to mention the crap I've already endured this morning to get there this better be worth it......
To Be Continued.......

No comments: