Wednesday, January 13, 2016

38 Degrees......12 Miles.....Didn't Phase {2} Me

Having been by my own admission   a bit of a slacker the last three weeks it was time to quote Delvin Dinkins to "Step Up My Game" and knuckle down period but also going into the four week/four race phase two section of my prep for Indoor Nationals.
I did baulk at Monday given the just above freezing temps......however b4 anyone yells wimp.wuss etc etc I did so secure in the knowledge that I have Saturday to tinker around w/ re my schedule plus method to my madness put in less miles on ye olde pegs prior to Thursdays seasons debut.....old head on old legs.......

Out the door by 4.30pm it was mild 38 degrees and thankfully still daylight when I reached the 6 mile turnaround,glass half empty we're into Winter now glass half full the evenings are getting lighter which given how cold it gets after sundown is a blessing.
Unlike last weeks run I wore gloves last nite......once almost frost bitten,twice shy!

Also unlike last week I got to cuss out a motorist,last  Wednesday I do believe I got through the whole run w/out having to utter the time honoured Captain Feckin' Obvious refrain "it's a feckin' red light wanker!!!" last nite at the red light on the corner of the South St bridge I waited patiently for the lights to turn,up pops the whitewalker.....{sly Game Of Thrones reference!!!} but here comes fuckin Mario Andretti busting thro his red light.....and here comes the good Captain.......

Other than that an unremarkable 12 miler,knowing a race is on tap Thursday I took it easy roughly 9 min mile pace for a 1.48  time another easy 8 miler tonite on tap and then the curtain raiser tomorrow evening at The Armory......

No comments: