Tuesday, April 26, 2011

It Can And Will Get Better

My day couldn't have gotten off to a worse start if I'd slept through my alarm,missed my bus,el and subway and then realized I'd forgotten to pack something in my backpack for my mile repeats after work!
The long and the short of was when I got to work at 6.15am I had an email from Information Services at 6.04am saying the hospitals computer network was down,but they hoped to have it back up,soon....I left at 3.20pm after an email at 3.18pm informing us the system was now up!!!!
On top of this my electric jack was acting up all day,I've had to run the dock w/out an electric jack b4 and it isn't a day at the beach trust me and then Fed Ex emailed me to say they wouldn't be arriving till 11am due to late freight when they normally arrive by 9.30am.
Against that backdrop I could've been forgiven for expecting the worst on the bus ride out to Roxboro,the bus would brake down or I'd get there and the track would be off limits,thankfully neither happened.

I haven't done 4x1 mile repeats since prior to 5th Avenue Mile so it was always going to be a bit of a rude awakening as first repeats often are but just as I managed to make last weeks second 8x1,000m better than week one I had to start somewhere w/ my mile repeats.
I had hoped 1.20 per lap for a 5.20 mile was a decent mark to aim for w/ the sole intention of getting faster each session till I'm cranking out sub 5s sooner,rather than later.

#1 mile 1.24-1.26-1.25-1.16-5.31.7.Not the start I had hoped for but then again on week 1 of my 8x1,000m I opened in 3.33.9. when I was aiming for 3.20.
#2 mile 1.22-1.19-1.21-1.17-5.29.6.Better but sub 5 seems a way off just yet,all in good time.
#3 mile 1.25-1.29-1.28-1.22-5.44.4-I knew my first lap was slow and obviously the middle two laps just killed me,at least I rallied on the final lap.
#4 mile 1.25-1.27-1.26-1.16-5.34.9-One thing's for sure when I revisit this repeat in 4 weeks time I'll be looking for a major improvement.

Historically my opening mile repeats in April/May aren't great but I come good when it matters in July/August,here's to keeping that streak alive this summer.

No comments: