Friday, April 1, 2011

Who Says You Can't Come Home Again

Steal my heart and hold my tongue I feel my time,my time has come Let me in,unlock the door I've never felt this way before And the wheels just keep on turning,the drummer begins to drum I don't know which way I'm going,I don't know which way I've come Hold my head inside your hands,I need someone who understands I need someone,someone who hears,for you I've waited all these years For you I'd wait till kingdom come until my day,my day is done And say you'll come and set me free,just say you'll wait,you'll wait for me In your tears and in your blood,in your fire and in your flood I hear you laugh,I heard you sing,I wouldn't change a single thing

Kingdom Come-Coldplay


Rest day today w/ a race on tap tomorrow,the obligatory bowl of Linguine and Clams w/ Texas Toast as my pre race meal,as the saying goes"if it ain't broke,don't fix it"


Hopefully the weather will improve for tomorrow,not a lot of fun running 12.5 laps in the rain but according to the forecast it should be dry if nothing else.


So yes,it's a 5,000m tomorrow and chances are it will remain 5,000m for the summer,after my indoor season I was less than thrilled w/ my 2 400m races and 2 800m races,my pair of miles were ok,but clearly my best 2 races were over the longer distances,9.08 for 3,000m and 15.47 for 5,000m so rather than keep ploughing away at 800m when I've yet to turn in a decent performance I figured go after it at 5,000m where I feel I can improve upon the marks I set last season.


My 5,000m Odyssey kicked off at the very same Upenn Invitational last year on April 3rd when I clocked a 15.57.7. and culminated in a 15.36.8. at Nationals,obviously anything below 15.57.7. tomorrow would be a step in the right direction w/ 14 more weeks to go till Worlds and 5 more races scheduled,but b4 I can concern myself w/ them and my training I need to execute my race plan tomorrow and then go from there,the clock is ticking.



No comments: