Thursday, April 14, 2011

Ready To Take On The World

Well It's official,I'm registered for Worlds in 12 weeks time I did the online registration yesterday for the 5,000m,my hotel was booked weeks ago and I'm half way towards paying my airfare....now all I have to do is train like a fiend for the next 12 weeks and hope I show up at the starting line of the 5,000m on July 9th in the best racing shape of my 35 year career....no pressure! I took yesterday as my rest day,following my 20x200m repeats on Tuesday in the rain I didn't fancy a 10 miler in the rain so I opted to envoke my rest day. Given today was 60 degrees and sunny it proved to be the right call,also yesterday would've been a recovery run today I was able to go after it a little more and clocked a brisk 65 min 10 miles,tomorrow I can ease up a bit as God willing Saturday will be my eagerly awaited 8x1,000m repeats.

No comments: