Thursday, April 21, 2011

You Make Me Happy When Skies Are Grey

You are my Tottenham,my only Tottenham you make me happy when skies are grey,you'll never dear how much I love you,until you've taken my Tottenham away.

Lost in all the talk of my repeats w/ Nick yesterday was the Spurs arsenal game at White Hart Lane.
As the late great Bill Nicholsen once said to the team when he was the manager"we only need to win two games all season....arsenal at home and arsenal away" that's what the fixture means.
The fact is our North London rivals have finished above us for the last 14 seasons and unless it all goes tits up in the last 6 games it'll be 15 seasons,but we are closing the gap,three years ago we beat them 5.1 at White Hart Lane in the semi final of the Carling Cup the first major victory over them in a while,two seasons ago in Harry Redknapp's second game in charge we recovered from 2.4 down to tie 4.4 thanks to 2 goals in the final 2 minutes,our first point at the new Emirates Stadium.
Last season at White Hart Lane we beat them 2.1,our first premiership win over the old enemy since 1999 if memory serves me correct and back in November we did the unthinkable and came back from 0.2 down to win 3.2 at the Emirate's{that game is still on my dvd,the fuck I'm deleting it!!!!}which brings us up to date w/last nites game at White Hart Lane.

When Nick first proposed the repeat workout for yesterday I knew there was a conflict of interests but just like the November 20th game when I was committed to run the Rothman 8k I simply dvrd the game and watched it when I got home,making sure not to check the score,going on line,checking my phone messages etc so I made sure to set the dvr b4 I left yesterday lunch time and upon my return home I avoided the tv,the phone and the pc and fired up the dvr.
Long story short we did it again,1.3 down we recovered to tie at 3.3 a result that did little for arsenal's hope of winning the title and dents our outside chances of finishing 4th again to qualify for next seasons Champions League but a defeat for either side would've sunk each sides hopes of the title/Champions League so w/ 6 games to go both sides still have everything to play for including North London bragging rights,which right now hang in the balance....game on!

No comments: