Monday, April 11, 2011

Every Picture Tells A Story

After the week I just had on and off the track I feel like the cat does!!!!!!! After a crap curtain raiser to my 2010 outdoor season the last thing I needed last week was the running week from hell.....which was exactly what I got. Things began well enough w/ an easy 10 miler Monday,Tuesdays planned 8x1,000m repeats fell by the wayside w/ the threat of rain and 40mph,I couldn't see treking all the way out to Lower Merion to get blown off the track,a days wait wouldn't hurt..... Wednesday not only did I strike out at Lower Merion but also St Joe's,another day shot,Thursday and w/ all good intentions of going to Roxboro to use the track there my sometimes less than iron constitution digestive system had other ideas and laid me low,the week was now looking if not shot but in tatters. Friday,it pissed out of the heavens no track anywhere and frankly running for the sake of running wasn't jump starting my will to get up and have at it. Saturday,Temple's track rarely lets me down period,much less on a weekend.....I roll up there at lunchtime to discover the track and infield a flood w/ some sort of sorority/fraternity shindig,@#$% me I can't win for losing can I??? Sunday,I did wake up at a decent enough time to retry Temple but to be honest the week just felt shot to shit so I bagged it altogether,seemed pointless chasing "lost miles" at this point,draw a line beneath this week and get ready for a whole new week beginning today. It wasn't just my running that suffered although I always feel that when it all goes south for me w/ my running my life or so called life follows south. Tuesday my beloved Spurs got mullered 4.0 away to Real Madrid in the Champions League 1/4 final 1st leg,it was going to be an uphill struggle w/ 11 men but having Peter Crouch sent off after 15 mins made it a much harder task,we need to win 5.0 at home on Wednesday to advance to the semi finals.....even the most ardent Spurs fans {me included}don't think it'll happen. Health wise I wasn't having the best of weeks,the iffey constitution aside I was in bed by 8pm three nites out of four during the week and by 9pm last nite,not that I'm mister"burn the midnight oil" by any means but it struck me as odd,still my fallback was tv,good ole tv seldom lets me down......right.....???? For three years I've been watching "Being Human" the cool uk version,not the insipid shite they peddle on Sci Fi channel anywho Saturday was the season three finale{Spoiler Alert if you haven't seen the final episode yet don't carry on reading or I'll give away the ending} any way I'd read that Adain Turner who plays John Mitchell in the show was off to New Zealand to film "The Hobbit" so I was curious how they'd work around that,after Mitchell is an essential part of the storyline they can't just kill him off can they???? One second Mitchell is standing in the living room being all vampireish,dark and brooding....boom! next thing George stakes him through the heart and he's a pile of ashes on the floor................"oh my god,you killed Mitchell....you bastards!!!!" Still reeling from the shock of that I hastily pulled up the season four finale of "Law & Order UK" from Friday,nothing to fear there,the good guys always win and get their convictions......shit a brick this episode sees James Steele the lead prosecutor for the crown court under investigation for falsifying evidence in a case to get a conviction.....James being James won his case but then quit the CPC so in the space of two hours two of my favourite characters on tv had been written out of the shows b4 the next season.....when you can't trust tv who can you trust.....time to put my world back on a level kilter and resume running beginning this afternoon

No comments: