Thursday, April 28, 2011

Party Time In West Philly

Yes folks it's that time of year,Penn Relays and while I won't be taking part for the second year in a row it doesn't deter from the excitement of being there.
Sadly the rain at lunch time has put today's schedule 90 minutes behind so it doesn't look like I'll be making my annual jaunt to Distance Nite this evening,the Olympic Development 5,000m was scheduled for 10pm so now won't go off till 11.30pm, a tad late for me I fear.

I did get out and run my 10 miler this evening,67 mins, a big drop from the 71 mins I ran last nite and maybe w/out the humidity I could've gotten closer to 65 mins,I do know over the second half of the run there were more serges than a Russian phone book as I looked to pick up the pace,I finished strong knowing tomorrow is a rest day b4 heading to the track on Saturday in the hope of lowering my 8x1,000m splits from last week,I'm sure being at Penn Relays tomorrow watching friends and team mates run will serve as a motivator to that end.

No comments: