Monday, April 25, 2011

Smile Like You Mean It

Or the cat that got the canary!
I had so much fun doing my 12 miles along the river yesterday that I've opted to keep it in my rotation on Sundays for the time being,to do so means an oh so slight tweak in my mileage during the week,make one of my 10 milers an 8 miler and then tack on those 2 miles to a Sunday 10 miler.
It also serves a purpose at the beginning of the week,instead of doing 10 miles prior to my repeats I can now do 8 b4 then having a 10 mile recovery run the day after my repeats and then a more balls out 10 miler b4 a rest day and the more repeats and then an easy 12 to close out the week....it all sounds good in theory but as any runner will tell you it can all go to cock in the blink of an eye.

So here's a stroke of good fortune for yours truly,following Saturdays repeats I had 358 miles on my current shoes and knowing a 12 miler was on tap Sunday that'd be 370,time for new shoes but having just dropped $110 for Worlds and still needing $300 for my air fare,not to mention saving the $300 I need to pay my hotel and needing new glasses it was hard to see where and when a new pair of Asics was coming from......cue yours truly finding,not one,not two but three $20 bills on the ground Saturday afternoon....Andrew Jackson never looked so good!
Surfice to say I went online today to the outlet section at Eastbay and ordered another pair of Asics Speedstar shoes for $69.99,w/ shipping that's $77.97....so basically that's a new pair or running shoes for $17.97....no wonder I'm smiling! :) after my 8 miler this evening

No comments: