Sunday, April 24, 2011

64 Degrees Equals 64 Ounces

Another 55 mile week in the record books thanks to a 12 miler out and back along Schuylkill Banks and Kelly Drive this morning.
Since the evenings got light enough for me to run out and back along Cobbs Creek Parkway and since I've curtailed my Sunday 16 milers I haven't had any call to run down to to the river recently but given my weekly mileage total had me at 43 miles I knew I had to up my 10 miler to 12 to round things out at an even 55 miles for the week.

Conditions were sunny and warm when I set off at 10.30am and by the time I got done I'd worked up a nice sweat,god bless dri fit sleeveless running shirts!!
I wasn't alone in thinking the route around the river was a good spot today,either the warm weather brought a lot of runners to the river or there was one hell of an Easter Egg hunt going on that I wasn't privy to!
Post run I made do w/ a 64 oz Double Gulp of Lemon Lime Gatorade,the first of several this season if this weather continues.

After a few blips in training either side of my last race things have settled down again,the clock continues to wind down to Worlds and Nationals in July,it may seem a ways off but this time next week it'll be May 1st,w/ that in mind midnite tonite sees the online deadline for Worlds I have a hard time believing anyone who plans on being in Sacramento hasn't done the online registration and will go the mail in route,we'll see what the next few days bring on that score.

No comments: